Sunday 9 August 2009

Bonjour!

Ok, well not really bonjour anymore, as I'm no longer in France. I took a fair few pictures, but as my digicam decided to die, I had to go back in time to disposable cameras, so I need to get them developed before I can post them. France was a lot of fun, but I'm glad to be home. Mainly because I was silly and ended up getting super super sunburnt, and had to waste two days of my holiday in bed! I'm happy that I can now recover in my own bed, cuddling my very missed kitties, and browsing all my favourite blogs for inspiration.

Today, I'm loving:

Ashley @ 31 Experiment and all the fantabulous pictures in her Flickr.



I love them!

And also on my love list: Creature Comforts, and in particular, the awesome printable freebies. I'm about to go and print some of these off now to use to decorate my moleskine.

Whilst I was away, my copy of Keri Smith's Wreck This Journal arrived.

"For anyone who's ever wished to, but had trouble starting, keeping or finishing a journal or sketchbook comes WRECK THIS JOURNAL, an illustrated book that features a subversive collection of prompts, asking readers to muster up their best mistake- and mess-making abilities to fill the pages of the book (and destroy them). Acclaimed illustrator, Keri Smith, encourages journalers to engage in "destructive" acts-poking holes through pages, adding photos and defacing them, painting with coffee and more - in order to experience the true creative process. Readers discover a new way of art and journal making - and new ways to escape the fear of the blank page and fully engage in the creative process."
I can't wait to get going on mine! I've been watching videos on YouTube of other people's books, and am full of ideas. One of the first things the book instructs you to do, is to the crack the spine. I noticed other people were really hesistant about this, but I love cracking the spines, it's one of the things I love the most about getting my hands on brand new book. (Eeeek, book abuse!) I found this awesome blog where all the ladies were wrecking their journals together, and blogging their results. Unfortunately I missed the group by a couple of weeks :( If you're currently working on this book, or know anyone who is, please let me know!

It's my first day back at work tomorrow after a two week break. I have that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I used to get the night before the first day back at school. I think I'll go and do some journal wrecking to take my mind off things before bed.

0 comments:

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio